An Affiliate of the International Literacy Association
MRA Councils extend from the Berkshires to Cape Cod to the North Shore and into Boston. Wherever you work or live, there is a council for you.
• provide you regular contact with other literacy leaders from your area
• hold meetings and events throughout the school year at locations throughout each MRA geographic region
• work to keep members up-to-date on all the latest education developments
• present speakers who are inspirational and will help members advance their teaching skills
• provide networking opportunities
• promote sharing and friendship to a diverse community of literacy professionals who love the important work they do
• provide opportunities to serve as literacy leaders within the organization
We encourage you to become a member of your MRA Local Council, to be in-the-know about the latest Local Council events and to share your professional thoughts and creative ideas with your fellow literacy educators.
The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) in collaboration with
CREST Collaborative is seeking to recruit and approve regional Literacy Consultants to
work to support ESE’s Early Grades Literacy grant recipients. More Information.